Saturday 28 December 2013

Documentary Entry 10


The documentary is finally shot and miraculously doesn't look absolutely awful. After several hours of nervous fidgeting, expenses and being yelled at a lot I can safely it turned out just alright.
I gotta lot of (in my opinion) very good shots of the makeup that was used in the film and transformation process (thanks to Anya(please don't kill me) Patton) who spent the money on it and most of it didn't get used.

A few shots dragged on a bit which is admittedly my fault because I was nervous and unsure about what I should be doing until Anya(fussy mother that she is) told me that I should just let the shot linger rather than just have movement for no reason.

The lighting and the set itself played a central part in how good it turned out so credit has to be given where credit is due to both Aidan for the set decorations and Anya for the lighting.
I'm actually proud of the shots of the set most of all especially of the lights that were used admittedly they don't play a massive part in the documentary but I still like them.

As for the actual interview itself this was a less strenuous experience mainly because time was thankfully not of the essence. Admittedly I got lost on the way there because I have no sense of direction and get lost insanely easy but setbacks are setbacks so they need to be overcome no matter what. 

The interview was very relaxed and I played a minimal part in it as unlike with the shoot the camera had zero movement and Glenn simply had to sit and talked while I made sure the camera didn't slip. It took a while but I also had to get footage of Glenn's hands which I did, a whole 5 minutes of footage. 

Overall I enjoyed working on both the drag shoot and the actual interview they were strenuous at times but I'm satisfied nonetheless.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment